Author Topic: Apple won't like this... - Run MacOS on ANY PC  (Read 212 times)

Offline edurbrow

• Ringo Starr
    • EdoLand
Apple won't like this... - Run MacOS on ANY PC
« on: May 15, 2019, 03:12:22 PM »
My brother sent this to me today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATnpEOo3GJA

Offline Wayne B

• Ringo Starr
    • The Cat & Cask Tavern
Re: Apple won't like this... - Run MacOS on ANY PC
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2019, 04:46:35 PM »
Seems like a lot of work just to run Mac OS. Granted, Apple don't even make a machine with the specs they are using!  ;D
The lord is not my shepherd for I am not a sheep

Offline edurbrow

• Ringo Starr
    • EdoLand
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »
Seems like a lot of work just to run Mac OS. Granted, Apple don't even make a machine with the specs they are using!  ;D

I admit I didn't watch the whole thing. I watched until I got bored and then skipped and dipped into it. Yes, a lot of trouble. It seems they were enjoying having problems and solving them. Why didn't they just solve all the problems before making the video. They could have made the video 1/4 the length.
Having had a Hackingtosh, there are/were advantages and disadvantages. The biggest advantage being price.

Offline Wayne B

• Ringo Starr
    • The Cat & Cask Tavern
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »
I think I've seen that you can also rum OS X in Oracle Virtualbox, which I have installed to run OS/2 Warp for nostalgia, and Chrome OS. I've never tried QEMU and wonder which is better or lighter on resources.
The lord is not my shepherd for I am not a sheep

Offline Jim_S

• Ringo Starr
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 08:50:26 AM »
Seems to me it's like trying to fit a small low-power engine in a Ferrari. Recent problems with laptop keyboards notwithstanding, the chief reason to purchase an Apple device these days is the hardware, not the OS. OS design that Apple is driven by apples needs to keep users tied to their ecosystem, not to accomplishing day to day tasks efficiently or getting the most from the computing power at hand. (IMO)
I would rather have questions that can’t be answered, than answers that can’t be questioned—Richard Feynman.