Author Topic: iTunes disaster  (Read 647 times)

Offline Mickey Chaplan

• Ringo Bingo
Re: iTunes disaster
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 11:35:56 AM »
Can I simply remove the iTunes folder, put it on the desktop, then put in one of the backups and restart? 
TIA.
"Duck is the one proof that there is a God in heaven who loves us."  Habib Fanny, M.D.

Offline Jim_S

• Ringo Starr
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 12:04:26 PM »
Can I simply remove the iTunes folder, put it on the desktop, then put in one of the backups and restart? 
TIA.

Sure, if you have enough disk space. My iTunes folder is over 150 gigabytes (has movies and TV shows). Making a copy of it would leave less than 10 percent of my hard disk free, which is not good.

Check how big the folder is.
I would rather have questions that can’t be answered, than answers that can’t be questioned—Richard Feynman.

Offline Mickey Chaplan

• Ringo Bingo
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 07:19:54 PM »
Thanks, I will.

info tells me I've got 305 gigs free on the HD, and iTunes is something like 46 Gigs. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 07:23:21 PM by Mickey Chaplan »
"Duck is the one proof that there is a God in heaven who loves us."  Habib Fanny, M.D.

Offline Mickey Chaplan

• Ringo Bingo
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2019, 09:35:23 PM »
I did what I promised to do.  Sure enough, my backup contains the pristine stuff before the disaster happened.... but I can't get it to move over to my main HD.  I don't know why.  I put the old iTunes on the desktop....  do you suppose it is still reading that?
TIA.

Offline Mickey Chaplan

• Ringo Bingo
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2019, 10:30:33 AM »
I wonder if I can back up my iTunes on my phone from the (good backupm of iTunes) on my computer, rather than the regular iTunes, which is a mess.

Also, I noticed I had put a CD in and tried to upgrade the good backup with this one CD... but the good backup said it could only read (and copy) the first track of the CD onto the good backup.  What can I do to get it to recognize the rest of the CD?  It said it "couldn't find the original..." despite the fact that the original was in the CD drive!

Offline Mickey Chaplan

• Ringo Bingo
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 09:55:36 PM »
In response to the last series of disasters, I was able to fix them.  iTunes had a hiccup copying the CD, but now at least my iPhone has a reasonably fair (not perfect) library of my music.  (There is one file of about 10 or 15 pieces that are labelled "unknown music" or something. 

I still need to be able to put the good collection of music onto my main hard disk.